Curious to know what others have said about genius and madness? Check out these quotable quips.
"Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration."
- Thomas Edison, US inventor of the motion-picture projector, phonograph, electric-light bulb and 1,090 other inventions.
"No great genius is without a mixture of madness."
- Aristotle, an ancient Greek philosopher dubbed one of the greatest thinkers of all time. His work was the foundation for western science and philosophy for over 100 years.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
- Robin Williams, US comedian and actor famous for this improvisation and roles like the genie in Disney's Aladdin.
"About half my designs are controlled fantasy, 15% are total madness and the rest are bread-and-butter designs."
- Manolo Blahnik, Spanish fashion designer famous for creating high fashion and very expensive shoes.
"Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to making of genius. Love, love, love - that is the soul of genius."
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Austrian composer considered the greatest musical genius of all time.
"Insanity is doing the same thing in the same way and expecting a different outcome."
- Old Chinese proverb.
"Madness is to think of too many things in succession too fast, or of one thing too exclusively."
- Voltaire, philosopher and playwright considered one of the greatest French artist.